Installation Best Practices
Use Immuta SaaS to automate installation, backups, and disaster recovery. Other benefits include
- receiving new features as they are released.
- Immuta managing scaling and infrastructure.
Use Kubernetes for scaling
Although Single Node Docker (SND) is an easy way to get started, Kubernetes is easier to scale as resources are needed.
To use Kubernetes effectively,
- Identify a team to set up, configure, and maintain a Kubernetes environment. Immuta will help you with the installation of our platform, but the Kubernetes environment is your company's responsibility. Review Kubernetes best practices here.
- Use persistent volumes.
- Use the Immuta-provided default Nginx Ingress Controller. You can use your own, but the setup and management is outside of Immuta’s responsibility.
Back up your environment
For on-prem instances,
- Configure backups to run daily.
- Test your backups at least once a month.
- Use cloud storage (e.g., ADLS or GCS).
- Create the proper IAM roles and IAM permissions (if using IAM roles). Your backups will fail if this is not configured correctly.